Release Note Updates

Started by Mario, August 31, 2017, 07:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

I have added a new entry to the release notes (#282) with the potentially breaking changes in the file system methods provided by the IMatchLib helper class.
Just so you can check your apps and prepare. I doubt that this will affect many and even if, it should be a matter of minutes to update the apps.

Basically some parameter names have changed (mostly destination => target or foldername => path). Id did that to unify the parameter names used for file system functions like copyFolder or moveFile and the parameter names used for the new endpoints which operate on files indexed by IMatch databases (also named copyFolder, moveFile etc.).

The file system functions exist to allow apps to manipulate the file system - which is not possible from JavaScript directly.
The new endpoints enable your apps to move/copy/rename/delete files and folders indexed by an IMatch the database.

Note: Search the release notes for @Developers to find all changes and additions particularly interesting to app developers.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook