Simple ? Problem displaying thumbnails

Started by nyoni-pete, September 07, 2017, 07:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyoni-pete

I seem to have successfully migrated from 2015 to 2017 versions but have some problems displaying thumbnails.
I have attached a screengrab to show where I'm at.  I get to Timelines OK, but when I click on a day, even a small one with only 3 images, I get nothing in my central panel??

thrinn

My first assumption would be that these 3 pictures are hidden by the filter you have active. What happens when you deactivate the filter? Do the pictures then appear?
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

nyoni-pete

thrinn,
Yes, you are right.  I think that there was a filter active - the filter symbol just to the left of the date in the central panel.  When I clicked on that the images appeared.
Thank you, it was very frustrating not to see the images!
Peter

thrinn

Peter,
just as a hint: Because active filters are something one easily overlooks, the title bar of the file windows is coloured blue if there is an active filter. Or coloured reddish if you use the Search field at the top (which also leads to some "filtering").
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

As thrinn said, the file window caption bar changes colors (and the icon) to indicate whether or not a filter or the search bar is active and thus files are hidden.
It also shows how many files are there in total and how many remain after the filter has been applied.
Active filters in the filter panel show the same blue caption as the file window.

See the help topic on the Filter Panel for more info.

Tip: With your rather small screen size, I would dock the Attributes panel only under the file window, not covering the whole with. This gives you more room for the filter panel and you can actually see a thing. Or, dock the panels on the right into one group so they have the full height to expand.

You may want to watch the workspace and panels tutorial video in the IMatch Learning Center to learn about this:

https://www.photools.com/imatch-learning-center/
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook