Iphone .Mov files and Keywords (XML)

Started by kiwilink, September 12, 2017, 10:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwilink

Mario:

I have started to create keywords for my .Mov files.  Is this OK?  I noticed that when I create a keyword for an Image I see the pencil and when I execute the "writeback" it writes the keyword back to the original file.  However. when I create a keyword for the Iphone .Mov file I see the pencil and when I click on it for 'Writeback" it generates an XML file associated with the .Mov file of the same name.

Can I have IMATCH writeback to the .Mov file (the keyword)?  How would you recommend I do this?

I looked at previous posts and did not see anything there nor did I see anythink in the Keyword section of the manual.

Thanks!!

Kiwilink

Mario

MOV files cannot contain internal XMP data. Hence IMatch stores the data in a sidecar file.

Metadata for video files is much, much worse than metadata for image files. Every software and camera vendor seems to do their thing (especially Apple) and nothing is standardized. QuickTime is probably the only standard metadata (Apple) but also quite a mess.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kiwilink

Mario:

OK .... Thank you.  I think maybe I should use categories to best manage these .Mov files rather than sidecars.

Thanks Mario!

Kiwilink