Colour management in iMatch 2017.9.6_64-bit

Started by paddy1@melita.com, September 21, 2017, 09:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddy1@melita.com

Congratulations on the launch of the 64-bit version of this groundbreaking application.

Is there a way to alter the colour profile management of the viewer, other than assuming it is adopting the default Windows profile ?

I need to be able to look at images through different colour profiles (ProPhoto, Adobe RGB, etc) and I am utterly unable to find any way of doing this through the iMatch application itself. The Colour Management option seems to have disappeared from Prefs / Application / Viewer and I cannot find it, or anything similar, anywhere else.
I have trawled every tab in the Preferences section and the forum topics endlessly but with no success

With thanks

Ivan Padovani [paddy1@melita.com]

Mario

IMatch uses the built-in color management system in Windows (Windows ICM).

This means it uses the embedded color profile in your image (if any) and then maps this to the monitor profile (if any) before displaying.
There is no feature which somehow allows you to choose yet another color profile within this processing chain. IMatch is not Photoshop or an image editor where you can 'apply' different color profiles to an image. I think this feature has been removed from IMatch with version 5.5 in 2014.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

paddy1@melita.com

Ah. That would explain why I was able to do it with earlier versions but not now. I thought the feature had simply been re-located and I couldn't find it.

Many thanks for clearing up the matter and keep up the excellent work.