Batch copy of title in attributes to core metadata title?

Started by Miles, September 29, 2017, 11:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miles

With Mario's help, I was able convert my stubborn > 50,000 image 3.6 database to the current format. It is now fully functional in the 64-bit mMatch 2017 trial version. I'm trying to find a way to standardize the way image titles are handled. I used titles in the 3.6 Properties panel for a subset of images - photos of birds, so that I could search by species name. Those 3.6 titles show up as attributes after converting the database. Moving forward with 2017, I would give titles to bird photos in the core metadata. That means I'd need more complex search parameters to find species named originally in 3.6 as well as new photos.

Is there a way to batch copy the titles from attributes into the core metadata?

Thanks.

Mario

Use a Metadata Template.

Metadata templates allow you to copy data between metadata tags (like Title). Or from variables into metadata tags.
If you use the Title tag as the target and the variable representing your Attribute title, you can copy the Attribute contents into the XMP title tag.

Like:

Note: Replace the variable in this image with the actual variable representing whatever name your attribute has. You can pick it from the variable selector dialog box, from the "Attributes" category.

If you have not used metadata templates before, read the corresponding help topic in the IMatch help. They are very powerful.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Miles

Thank you, Mario.  It worked, as long as I applied the metadata template through the Tools panel. Very cool.