Image analysis/ Object recognition: Clarifai and EyeEm

Started by ubacher, October 01, 2017, 03:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

I just read about Clarifai and EyeEm.
Clarify offers an Image and video recognition API which lets you analyze photos. There is a free version.
Would be interesting to have access from Imatch. Maybe one of our Javascript gurus can look at this and give it a try.

The greatest difficulty would probably lie in processing the information returned. But as a start one could just display the
"keywords" which are returned.

EyeEm allows you to drop a photo onto their webpage and analyzes it. I gave it a try and I was impressed.
But it seems they do not make it available to others. They seem to use it only in connection with their image database.

clarifai.com and https://www.eyeem.com/

Mario

The EyeEM is impressive. One of the best I have analyzed so far. German company.
I'm already in contact with them. They make their API available to others. Canto is using it in their high-end products (which would cost you several thousand US$ per year).

Cost is between 1.20 US$ and 3.80 US$ per 1000 files.
This price will have to be paid by the user. I cannot pay that for all IMatch users, of course.
All vendors offer some free contingent, but that's aimed at developers for testing, not end users.

There more I look into A.I.-based functionality the more I tend to provide an universal platform in IMatch Anywhere and IMatch.
Luckily, I already have 80% of this, thanks to the embedded IMWS technology. Pretty smart move of me, I must say  ;D

The APIs are all very similar and setting up some sort of 'adapter' which allows to plug-in different cloud-based vision query technology is not that challenging.
Users can then choose between one of the available vendors (Google, Microsoft, EyeEM, whatever) and pay for what they use directly.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook