Scope Of Consideration In Value Filtering

Started by Darius1968, October 20, 2017, 06:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

First, I set a global filter to narrow down my database to files, residing in folders that contain "Darius", somewhere in the fully qualified path.  These 47,000 files were then bookmarked. 
Now, I switch to Collections, so I can choose my 47,000 bookmarked files (the ones I derived just now, are all I currently have bookmarked).  I type in the Search Bar, "Interests", which narrows down my scope to maybe, 40,000 files.  Now, I try to set up a value filter, using the "Folder" tag.  The pane updates, but the result are folders that are also outside of those that contain "Interests"!  This tells me that the global filter is only considering whatever I have bookmarked in the 1st place, but isn't considering the narrowed scope because I invoked the Search Bar of the File Window.  Is this normal or is it a bug? 

Mario

Normal.

The folder filter is not limited by (or sensitive to) whatever scope you're currently in.
This panel allows you to select one or more folders in your database and to limit the scope to these folders.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook