Long Time To Acquire Ability To Assign Categories

Started by Darius1968, October 20, 2017, 06:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

As is, presently, I have bookmarked roughly 47,000 files, and I select all of them (Ctrl-A) to be assigned to just one category, but I run into a time lag.  Specifically, once they're all selected, I open up the Category Assignment Dialog.  All is fine until I click one of the nodes to open up a tree.  From here, I have to wait a good 30-45 seconds for IMatch to unfreeze itself, and become responsive again, so I can do the category assignment.  Is this normal for a selection of this many images? 

Mario

Yes.
In order to present the categories, IMatch needs to analyze 45,000 files to know which files are in which categories and which of the check boxes you unfold need to be selected, partially selected or not selected. Assigning 45,000 files at once to a category is a rather uncommon task. Many users don't even have 45,000 files!
There are limits, even for IMatch. And this of course also depends on how fast your disk and computer is.

Tip: Create a Favorite for the category. Then just click on the Favorite to assign the files. Much less work to do for IMatch that way.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook