Shortcut/Hotkey for enabling/disabling the filter panel?

Started by blackhead2, November 04, 2017, 11:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackhead2

Hello again,

when I tag people in photos and there are a groups of people (e.g. photos of a party) I usually start with one person and set e.g. the green pin for every picture that shows this person. After I went through all pictures I enable the filter panel to show only photos with the green pin, select all photos by pressing <ctrl> + <a> and assign the specific keyword. After that I reset the green pin and disable the filter again. As from my point of view the filter panel is one of the key features of Imatch I'm wondering whether the is a possiblity to disable/enable (same as clicking the pause button) the filter panel using the keyboard? For me it would save some time if I don't have to use the mouse for enabling/disabling the filter all the time as I don't have to switch between mouse and keyboard...

I already checked the cheat sheet but coudn't find something that belongs to this topic.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Jens

Mario

There is no keyboard shortcut that triggers the pause button in the filter panel. Feel free to add a feature request in the appropriate board.

Would it not be quicker to just Ctrl+click all images with that person and then assign a keyword from the Keyword Panel to them?
This would avoid the pin step entirely.

Or, maybe create Favorites for your most frequently used keywords (create the Favorites from the @Keywords category hierarchy) and then assign the keywords via the keyboard shortcut associated with your favorites.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

blackhead2

Hello Mario,

Thank you for your reply.

it depends on the number of photos and on the number of persons which method I use. When there are too much photos so that I have to scroll a lot I prefer the toggle pin method over the Ctrl+Click one as I sometimes accidentally release the ctrl key and then have to start from the beginning. So the pin method is more "robust" for me.

Assigning keywords using a shortcut is also auch good idea but only of there are only a few persons on the photos, e.g. my family.

I will create a feature request to see whether other users are also interessted in this feature.

Edit: Link to feature request: https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=7332.0