Documentation how to optimize DAM

Started by HGF, November 19, 2017, 09:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HGF

Hello, in the past Mario provided a documentation on how to organize and optimize the database. e.g. delete unused Meta data. I cannot find this doc. Can anybody help me? In addition, is there a was to stop history tracking and timeline tracking? This is a function I do NOT use. Many thanks in advance, regards HGF

Mario

I don't know which documentation you mean, sorry.

IMatch will always assign your files to the time line and record the history. This does not affect the performance of IMatch.
IMatch compacts file histories automatically, e.g. removing older "viewed" entries.
Just don't open the History panel if you don't want to see the information.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

HGF

Thanks Mario, for fast response, as always. It was of how to exclude unwanted Meta data out of the Imatch database. In my RAW files there are a lot of attributes in it that are useless to me. Why to import these into the Imatch database? It's just blowing up the db. How to exclude was described in this documentation or post. Unfortunately I haven't stored this on my local drive.

Mario

Ah, you mean the Edit > Preferences > Metadata 2 : Tag Manager.
Search for Tag Manager in the IMatch help for detailed information.

IMatch by default imports a fair-sized set of commonly used metadata.
Unless you have modified the Task Manager setting in the past to include more data or you plan to create a database with 1 million+ files, I advise against changing the settings. IMatch relies on a lot of metadata tags to perform its magic and preventing the import of metadata may affect IMatch features.
Camera or vendor-specific metadata is usually save to ignore, but don't fiddle with EXIF, GPS, IPTC or XMP tags!
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

HGF

That's it what I was searching for, many thanks, regards HGF