"Rescan now" while focus is outside the of the "Media & Folders" tree

Started by Arthur, November 23, 2017, 08:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Hi,

maybe it is just me, but it disturbs my workflow that Shift+F5 (Rescan now) is not possible while focus is not inside the "Media & Folders" and the file window is empty. I have the following use case:

- I have an "Import" folder for my new files in the "Media & Folders" tree
- Now assume that this folder is selected and I switch to Windows Explorer to move images from my camera to that folder
- Back in IMatch I want  to execute "Rescan Now" to see the images as soon as possible

- When the focus is outside the "Media & Folders" tree and the File Window is empty, "Rescan now" cannot be called via Shift+F5.
- When I click into the "Media & Folders" outside of all nodes, my "Import" folder is deselected => Shift+F5 is not possible
- When I click onto the "Import" folder, a rename is started sometimes.

-  So the only solutions are: select a different folder and return selection to "Import" folder or start rename and cancel it, before pressing Shift+F5

Anybody else with a similar problem? Is it possible to make Shift+F5 work after a click into the empty "File Window" while the "Import" folder is still selected?

sinus

I do not fully understand.

Can you not click on the import folder and choose "Shift F5"?
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Arthur

I can click the import folder, but it would be more user friendly if the current folder which is the import folder could be refreshed without the need to extra click the "Media & Folders" tree node again. The focus is in the File Window. Why is it not possible to refresh it? If I compare it to a internet browser, then it would require me to click the already selected tab header to refresh the site content inside the tab.

Mario

Windows sends keyboard shortcuts to the active window (the window with the input focus). If you have the focus on the file window, keyboard shortcuts managed by the Media & Folders View cannot work.

In addition, doing a manual folder refresh is an exception, not something you need to do often.
IMatch monitors all folders for changes and also for events send by the file system. If something is changed in a folder, IMatch will update it automatically.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook