Enable default clipboard shortcuts in Category/Folder/Timeline Filter

Started by Arthur, November 30, 2017, 10:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Currently the edit fields for searching and filtering in Category/Folder/Timeline Filter do not support the default shortcuts Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+A.

This does not allow standard shortcut combinations like:

Ctrl+A, Backspace = to delete the content
Ctrl+A, Ctrl+X = remove content into clipboard
Ctrl+V = to paste from an external source

This hinders the shurtcut based workflows and introduces IMatch specific behaviors like selecting the whole text with the mouse to remove it or using the context menu to insert something from clipboard.

"Normal" or "basic" users often want to filter their "albums". For this it is overkill, to deal with the "Filter" panel or any other sophisticated filter. For such users an inplace filter/search panel which supports default text manipulation shortcuts is a must.

The feature request is to provide the support for these default shortcuts in the Category/Folder/Timeline Filter panels.

Arthur

Btw, I have created a basic Win32 application in Visual Studio with the following ComboBox:

HWND hWndComboBox = CreateWindow(WC_COMBOBOX, TEXT(""),
      CBS_DROPDOWN | CBS_HASSTRINGS | WS_CHILD | WS_OVERLAPPED | WS_VISIBLE,
      xpos, ypos, nwidth, nheight, hwndParent, NULL, HINST_THISCOMPONENT,
      NULL);

And it supports all shortcut except Ctrl+A by default. So it seems to be a bug, that this is not possible.

Mario

You did great!

I will forward your comment and source code to the US company who creates the user interface toolkit I use. I don't create windows or keyboard or command handlers in my code.
I expect a reply within the couple of months. I'll let you know.  :)
Until then, there's plenty of stuff on my to-do list that's more urgent.
Until 50 users rush in to support your request - which would move it up my list considerably.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook