Backing up Locations (Map Panel)

Started by Erik, December 07, 2017, 05:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik

This may be a stupid question, but I couldn't find anything directly in the Help Files (or I didn't search for it correctly).

When a locations are created using the Map Panel, where are they stored at?

From the help file, it seems like there are 3 possible places: the database, in the ProgramData folder, or AppData folder.  I didn't see anything obvious in the two folders, and it isn't entirely clear if the database stores them. 

I am asking from a perspective of if I have a lot of locations defined, how can I make sure I don't lose them or potentially transfer them to a different computer.

Thanks.

jch2103

Look in your image metadata; the location data should be there. Try opening the Browser metadata template and use the search tool there (magnifying glass) to look for GPS. I'm not at my desktop at the moment, but I recall Mario has added new standard metadata layouts, one of which may be Location, which would show you detailed location information that's in your images.

Also, if you Reverse Geocode images to which you've added location data, you'll get also Country/State/City/Location data in addition to the GPS coordinates.

You can also add location data tags to your default metadata layout via the Edit Layouts button.
John

Erik

Not what I mean (I'm very familiar with the metadata in the images).

I'm talking about the locations created on the map panel that are saved. For instance I have saved a 25 m circle around a zoo so I can quickly geotag my images shot there.

How can that data be backed up?

Mario

IMatch stores the locations inside your IMatch database.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Erik

Quote from: Mario on December 07, 2017, 08:28:00 AM
IMatch stores the locations inside your IMatch database.

Got it.  Good to know.