IMatch 12.2

Started by Aubrey, December 10, 2017, 05:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

Wow!
Again impressed by the new features and updates.
Mario is getting like Apple - giving us features we didn't know we needed until we had them! (It's meant as a compliment)
You certainly listen to users

Let's hope users will move from LR database to IMatch now that the transfer is easy

I like the scroll wheel enhancement - I've yet to try it. The original method was a pain if one did not defocus from selection.

Looking forward to trying the auto advance.

Guys (and gals) the release notes are a "must read"

Aubrey.

sinus

Downloaded and installed without problems.

Works fine, first I need to explore all the new stuff.  :D

Thanks for this, Mario!
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

BanjoTom

Same experience as Sinus -- smooth and easy download, and I'm looking forward to checking out the new features.  THANKS, Mario!!!
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

Arthur

IMatch is a much better tool now that the many usability issues are gone. Main improvements for me:

- Search with Enter
- File window wheel handling
- Better Ctrl+A in file window

Now that the todo list is empty, the missing keyboard shortcuts in the local filter panels could be handled.  8)

jch2103

No issues, nice fixes. Looking good!
John

Mario

Quote from: Arthur on December 10, 2017, 08:02:22 PM
Now that the todo list is empty, the missing keyboard shortcuts in the local filter panels could be handled.  8)

Well, actually there are over 200 entries on my to-do list. Not counting the major features planned for 2018. And these are massive.

I assume you mean the filters in the property panels for Folder & Media, Categories? Edit Copy&Paste? The typical "runtime" for a FR with the UI company is six months, at least.
Open a FR for this here in the community. If you get a sufficient number of +1 from other users, I will schedule some time to look into this.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

IMatch is a much better tool now that the many usability issues are gone. Main improvements for me:

- Search with Enter

Arthur,
Thanks for bringing up the window wheel handling - life is now easier!

Aubrey.

sinus

Quote from: Aubrey on December 11, 2017, 10:35:21 AM

- Search with Enter

Arthur,
Thanks for bringing up the window wheel handling - life is now easier!

Aubrey.

I agree completely. Much easier!  :D
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Jingo

Update works great for me too.. lots of great stuff in this package! 

Curious if the code for the "Right Arrow" enhancement in the keyword panel made it into this version?

QuoteThe Tab and Cursor Right keys can now be use in addition. Instead of directly adding the keyword, they copy the first/selected keyword into the input field and place the cursor at the end of the keyword. This allows you to pick an existing keyword and then extend or change it before adding it as a keyword.

Tab works great.. but hitting the right arrow after using the down arrow to find the right keyword doesn't work for me.  On my system - the left and right keys mimic the up and down keys..  ;D

Thx! - Andy.

Mario

Does tab work for your purpose?
I cannot get right arrow to work apparently, may be another thing in the new UI toolkit. Please file bug report I will into this next year.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

Quote from: Mario on December 11, 2017, 06:13:44 PM
Does tab work for your purpose?
I cannot get right arrow to work apparently, may be another thing in the new UI toolkit. Please file bug report I will into this next year.

Tab works just fine... right arrow is just convenient because my finger is already there working the down arrow... if TAB is all we can in the end - its still a great enhancement.  I'll enter the bug report - but its all good!  Thx - Andy.