Lightroom importer - Whom is it for?

Started by lightchaser, December 10, 2017, 05:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightchaser

Dear forum members,
just read about the new LR-Importer to IMatch. Just wondered how I could use it?
I do all the import, rename and develope work in LR CC. Afterwards I export the files as TIFFs 16bit and save the RAWs as DNG and import both into IMatch. In IMatch I still do some fine tasks in PS, add Metadata (description, keywords, ...) and convert the tiff files to JPEG (11) which go into my database. Then I delete the TIFFs.
Any advantage with the new LR importer that I'm overlooking?
Regards
Franz

Mario

The Lr importer is mainly a convenience feature for users who are new to IMatch. If you already have setup your database, you don't really need it.

If you want to import your Lr picks/flags or collections into IMatch, you can run it.
This can only be done with the Lr Importer because this data is not available in XMP metadata.

Or if you want to import your Lr keyword list into the IMatch thesaurus.
The importer does this with a single click on a button. Before you had to export your keyword list manually into a text file and then import that file into the IMatch Thesaurus.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

lightchaser