Frank

I have the nametags "MWG::Regions\RegionsRegionListName\RegionName\0"

e.g. Paul_Smith

Currently I have configured my datadiven category like this

Names
  - Paul
       - Smith
There are no problems at all

I would like to create my data driven category like the example below by using regular expressions.

Names
  - Smith
       - Paul

Is this somehow possible?

Any help is appreciated. I have tried so many different regular expressions, but none worked.

greetings from Hessen/Germany
Frank

JohnZeman

Try the examples below, they work for me.

I guess I'd better explain.
It's a 2 level data driven category with both levels using the same tag.
The first level extracts the last name, the second level extracts the first.

hluxem

Thanks John,

Didn't know that can be done. Works great with one person in the picture.
Lets say I have Paul Smith and John Miller in the picture.

Now I get

- Smith
     - Paul
     - John
and

- Miller
   - Paul
   - John

Is there a way to have a result like:
- Smith
      -Paul
and
- Miller
    - John

Thanks,

Heiner

JohnZeman

Oh, you mean if you have multiple names stored in that tag for each of your files?

Something like...

Paul_Smith; John_Miller  ??

If so that is an entirely different problem.  I can extract the first level last names all right, but right now I can't think of a way to get second level of first names that only belong to the first level of last names.

Maybe someone else has a solution for you.

Frank

Thanks John, but I have the same as Heiner described.
Sorry that I gave a bad description in the initial Post.

Any other suggestions?
Regards
Frank

mastodon

I have an other problem. The "Jr" or the "PhD" or the "Dr" prefix, that should not be handle like a name.

Mario

You can filter these out via the standard filters available in data-driven categories. Or, when you use a variable as the source, you can filter unwanted text contents out via formatting functions.

Tip: Test in the VarToy before you copy over the variable into your data-driven category.

Such very special requirements can be handled (by IMatch, not by most other DAM software I know) but you have to do a bit more work.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Frank

Mario,
does this answer belongs to my question or to the question of mastodon?

Regards
Frank

Mario

Quote from: Frank on December 13, 2017, 06:28:18 PM
Mario,
does this answer belongs to my question or to the question of mastodon?
Regards
Frank

I replided to the

QuoteI have an other problem. The "Jr" or the "PhD" or the "Dr" prefix, that should not be handle like a name.

post.

Splitting keywords (into reverse order) and separating them on multiple levels of a category hierarchy is nothing you need very often.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

hluxem

QuoteAny other suggestions?

Hello Frank,

I tried a lot of different things a while ago and could not come up with a solution. Right now I just use the annotation collection. I do have a manageable number of persons and at some point I may either use a formula based category or alias category. I do think it could also be done with a script, but my copy and paste skills are very limited and I just don't have enough time to play around.

Best Regards,

Heiner