What is imatch doing please?

Started by RobiWan, December 15, 2017, 07:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobiWan

Hi,

all folders with photos are offline because the hard drive is not connected. But always after IMatch start they will import some data? But what for data and why?

Mario

IMatch has detected that the "Last modified" timestamp of one or more of your folders and one or more of your files has changed. And hence it is rescanning them.

I don't know how you take folders off-line or which software/systems you use.
But I wonder why this process changes the file system timestamps? You should have a look at that.
Tip: IMatch logs AddOrUpdateFolder and AddOrUpdateFile records to the log. These records will also tell you which files have been 'current' (unchanged) and which folders/files had a newer timestamp on disk that the timestamp IMatch had recorded in the database.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

RobiWan

I'm not sure if you have understand what I wrote - the external drive with all images and directories listed in screenshot ale offline! Drive is not connected. That's why I'm surprised what Imatch wants to do

I will check the log files.

thrinn

Is it possible that you shut down IMatch while it was still importing metadata? Normally IMatch would resume the import when started the next time, as far as I know. I am not sure how this would work for offline files.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

This may be the case. IMatch will then continue the rescan, detect the file as off-line and do nothing, in the end.
If you are in the habit to disconnect drives, make sure IMatch has finished processing the folders and files on the drive before you take them off-line and before you shut-down IMatch.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook