Lightroom app a second time because . . .

Started by johnmcclelland, July 26, 2019, 06:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnmcclelland

My database of keywords is messed up.  I propose first making it non-duplicated (messed up) in Lightroom {LR), because keywords and synonyms remain connected in Lightroom. I have already converted raw files to dng files so the two programs will remain synced.  I already ran the IMATCH/LR app once, then found it is difficult to move keywords in IMATCH (keywords do not follow photos when moving).  So ...  I propose that I:

FIRST make corrections in LR (because keywords follow photos)
SECOND, back up IMATCH and LR.
THIRD clearout all keywords and @keywords in IMATCH  (perhaps start a new database)
Finally, run LR app in IMATCH to create Keywords and @keywords.

This should create new keywords and @keywords, then I can use IMATCH to keyword and LR to make develop, post, email etc.

My understanding of IMATCH is low.  MY database in LR is close to 150K.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
John

Mario

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean.

1. Keywords are stored in your image files. IMatch picks them up when it ingests your files.
2. You can see all keywords in your files in the the Keywords Panel.
3. The special @Keywords Category automatically organizes your files by your keywords.

Quotethen found it is difficult to move keywords in IMATCH (keywords do not follow photos when moving).

What do you mean by "moving keywords"? You try to move keywords from where to where?

Or do you talk about the IMatch Thesaurus and not the keywords in your files?
Changing the thesaurus does not affect keywords in your files.

The LR importer app is a convenience feature to get new users started.
It does not import keywords or do anything with keywords - except it can import the LR list of keywords into the IMatch Thesaurus - to get you started.
This does not change keywords in your files or anything. The thesaurus is a feature that allows you to create controlled vocabularies and to assign keywords quicker to your files.

To change keywords assigned to files, use the Keyword Panel or the @Keywords category.

Did you watch the free IMatch video tutorials about working with keywords, @Keywords and the thesaurus?
See here: https://www.photools.com/imatch-learning-center/

QuoteTHIRD clearout all keywords and @keywords in IMATCH  (perhaps start a new database)

You cannot "clear out" keywords in IMatch. This would also remove the keywords from your files.
Or do you mean you want to remove all keywords IMatch has imported from your Lr catalog from the IMatch Thesaurus?

A few examples, more detailed info or a screen shot of what you see would help us lots to help you.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook