Metadata Global Filter Out Of Order?

Started by Darius1968, December 19, 2017, 11:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

So, I globally filter my database with only the Metadata Filter (set to "Selected Tags:Folder" & "Contains" mode).  I enter:  Jackie AND 2017, where the folder I seek out is: 
E:\_01\_Backups\_201309 (C Drive)\00\_Family\_Lawyers\Aligned Partners\Jackie\2017\.

All goes well as far as what the result is, but the peculiarity is that the expected behavior for this global filter is that I should only have files displayed if I have the said folder selected, either have the top node of the database (Media & Folders) selected, or have @All selected in the Category view.  Instead I'm getting the result set for this regardless of what node I click on in Category view, which shouldn't be normal.  Just seeing what others run into in this scenario. 

Mario

I just explained that in another thread and announced it as fixed for the next release.
The Metadata Search does not apply the scope under all conditions (if AND is used).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook