probably missing metadata fields/information

Started by Gerhard, December 21, 2017, 09:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerhard

Is there a way or field to show the file size of an image in the metadata panel?

Another thing, the viewer can show the resolution of an image, e.g. 192x1080 or 2100x2100.
I have found no metadata field to show the resolution like this, depending on the image I can show height and width but I need different metadata fields and not all show the correct resolution. Is there a way to accomplish this in the metadata panel?

Thanks

Mario

The file size is not stored in metadata tags, hence you cannot access it in the Metadata Panel.
The image dimensions are usually recorded by the camera in the XMP EXIF image width and height tags. This requires an EXIF metadata record in the image.

You can access the information you want via the corresponding variables of course, but not directly in the Metadata Panel. The Metadata Panel cannot show the contents of variables.
If you use variables like this:

Dimensions: {File.Width} x {File.Height}
Size:; {File.Size}
Megapixel: {File.Megapixel}

you can show the data e.g. in the Var Toy.

Or you create a custom File Window Layout where you show this data directly above or below the thumbnail panel. File window layouts offer attributes like File Size or Dimensions:

This custom layout shows the file name, extension in the first header row. Below that the image dimensions in pixel and the file size.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook