onphoto file type

Started by snapzilla, March 15, 2018, 07:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapzilla

ON1 2028 (my go to photo editor) has a file type .onphoto that is generated from its HDR and Panorama tools.  Currently in order to see it in IMatch  I make a jpg copy with matching ratings.  This leads to different ratings and image counts between the two apps which makes for a sub-optimal workflow.

Mario

Is this a new image format or some sort of sidecar file?
Do you propose to include this file format into IMatch as a standard format?
Is there any official specification of this or is this a proprietary file format created by your software?

Versioning with metadata propagation is probably the best to synchronize metadata automatically between the maser and version files.
Have you considered that?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

snapzilla

It is a new image format not a sidecar file.

It is a proprietary format.  It is created by the ON1 Photo RAW app from ON1 Inc.

Since posting this request I have learned that there is a request in to ON1 to add other non-proprietary formats as optional outputs to their HDR and Pano functionality.

My apologies, I shoulda checked that out first. 

I guess I'll just wait and see how that pans out (pun intended).

Mario

I have added the .onphoto as a standard file extension to IMatch. IMatch now can index these files.
Since there is zip information about this proprietary format, IMatch cannot render thumbnails or anything. No WIC codec is available and I don't know if the ON1 RAW Software installs a shell extension so the standard thumbnail processing will work on machines where it is installed.

If you want to manage .onphoto files now, you can download the attached configuration file.
It goes into the plugins folder inside the IMatch program files folder (rename the existing file, then copy the file from the attachment below into this folder).
Restart IMatch and rescan the folders containing .onphoto files. This will bring them into the database.

I wonder why this company needs a proprietary and undocumented format for this purpose. I'm sure TIFF or DNG can handle all this data without a problem...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook