Renamer - File Name Padding

Started by ThomasAdams, February 19, 2018, 01:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasAdams

Hello,

I have some older and at times odd cameras that do not record the exif Sub-Second correctly or at all. I wonder if it would even be possible for the Renamer to have a function to check the length of a new filename and if it doesn't meet criteria (correct number of characters) to add padding to maintain consistent filename lengths? Currently I have two presets, one for normal files and another for the cameras that do not utilize the sub-second exif data. Previously with IMatch 3.## I used a script, but have grown dependent on using the Renamer. While this is not a huge priority for me I thought I would mention it.

Regards,
Tom

See attached images for file naming convention.

Mario

You can use the length variable function to determine the length of metadata (including a file name). Combine that with an numcomp to output different things (nothing if the length is OK, some text or blanks with the length is below a threshold).

Tip: You can try that out quickly in the VarToy app. There are examples for how to use these functions in the Variables help topic.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook