Olympus ORF files

Started by tjongewaard, March 06, 2018, 04:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjongewaard

I have bought a Olympus camera E- M10 mark II, but I cannot import these files in Imatch, but I think it must be possible. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thank you 10

Mario

Quotebut I cannot import these files in Imatch,

What do you mean by that?
Does IMatch not add the files to the database?
No thumbnails or previews?
Error messages?

IMatch supports hundreds of RAW formats either via the installed WIC codec on your system or the LibRAW image library.
Usually ORF files don't make much problems. Their RAW format is quite stable.

If you tell us more about the problem, we can provide better help.

Test: If IMatch adds the files to the database, select one of the files in a file window. Then go to Help > Support > WIC diagnosis.
This will check the image and produce a report about the installed WIC codecs on your system and how they handle the file (or not).

Save the report to a text file and attach that file to your reply. You can attach files via the Attachments and other options link below the post editor.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

tjongewaard

Imatch does not add the files to the database, no thumbnails, or previews, no error message. I do have CRW files in the database

thank you 10

Mario

Do the files use the .ORF file extension?
Can you attach the IMatch log file from a session where you tried to add some files? You can access the log file via Help > Support > View Application log file.
If IMatch runs into problems indexing the files there should be error messages or warnings. This should tell us more.

See log file in the IMatch help for more info.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

tjongewaard

Oke here is the log file. I hope you can help me.

Mario

This log file does not contain any information about you adding new .ORF files to your database.
Did you rescan a folder in that session or added a new folder? In that case I would have expected to see AddOrUpdateFolder / AddOrUpdateFile entries.

I see a ton or "invalid object" warnings, e.g. related to C:/Users/tineke/Pictures/OMGEZET or C:/Users/tineke/Pictures/RAW.

The database is quite small. Is this a new database? Or did you have problems with this database or this computer? Power failure?
Do yo use File Relations (Version)?

Please run a database diagnosis via Database menu > Tools > ... first. This should fix the problems with the unlinked files.
If the diagnosis finds errors, run it again.
Then try to add the ORF files again.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

tjongewaard

Thank you very much. The problem is solved. The database is very smal because it is relative new. I have a very old version of Imatch and these databases are filled with the older photo's. I think it is not possible to convert these older databases to the newer version of Imatch.

Mario

That's good news.

IMatch 5 databases are automatically upgraded when you open them in IMatch 2017.

For IMatch 3 databases, the simplest procedure is to:

1. Create a new IMatch 2017 database and add the same files as contained in the IMatch 3 database.
2. Export your categories from IMatch 3 and import them into IMatch 2017. Also export/import the properties, if you have used those.

That's basically it.

See "Manual Category Transfer" on this page: Upgrading from IMatch 3 to IMatch 5
Also see Migrating XMP Rating and Label from IMatch 3 to IMatch 5 without processing pending updates...

This also works for IMatch 2017.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator