Metadata panel shows only one layout choice

Started by afengler, March 20, 2018, 06:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afengler

This is probably something simple but right now I am stumped. I have created a number of custom metadata panels but I cannot select any of them. The dropdown list is stuck, it consists of only one entry, which is the first of the list namely 'Browser'.

Mario

Never saw that before.
Does it offer only the Browser layout?
When did that happen? What did you do before that?

What do you see when you open the Configuration dialog where you can configure your layouts?

Did you just try to restart IMatch once?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

afengler

Does it offer only the Browser layout?  - yes

When did that happen? What did you do before that?  - I am not sure when this happened, I just recently started trying to modify some metadata layouts. It worked fine for quite a while, like many months.

What do you see when you open the Configuration dialog where you can configure your layouts? - I see the list of layouts (see attached screen shot)

Did you just try to restart IMatch once? - yes, no change

I also created a new database which shows the same issue. I was trying to locate the custom templates on disk but was unsuccessful.

sinus

No clue.
But you can delete all double entries (all with 1 like "Darwin Core1", I think.

In the attachement like it looks here, although it will not help you really.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Does IMatch write any W> warnings or E> errors into the log file?

Try this:

Export your layouts.
Then delete them all. Then import the default layouts from "C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch6\Presets\system*.*".
Do the default layouts show OK?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

afengler

Quote from: Mario on March 20, 2018, 08:35:29 PM
Does IMatch write any W> warnings or E> errors into the log file?

Try this:

Export your layouts.
Then delete them all. Then import the default layouts from "C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch6\Presets\system*.*".
Do the default layouts show OK?
Only the warning
W>  Spelling: Cannot find a dictionary for language 'en' or failed to load.  'IMatch.cpp(3197)'
shows up in the logfile.

I exported my layouts, tried to remove them all but was not able to delete the last one. Then imported the system default layouts, they look fine. But I still cannot select any other then the 'Browser' layout.

Mario

You cannot delete the last layout so that's OK.
But after importing the defaults you should be able to click on the small arrow on the right of the drop-down control in the MD panel toolbar to select a new layout.
Or left-click into the drop-down control and then use the cursor keys to switch to another layout.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

afengler

Quote from: Mario on March 20, 2018, 11:07:30 PM
You cannot delete the last layout so that's OK.
But after importing the defaults you should be able to click on the small arrow on the right of the drop-down control in the MD panel toolbar to select a new layout.
Or left-click into the drop-down control and then use the cursor keys to switch to another layout.
Left-clicking into the drop-down control and using the arrow keys does work - thank you!
Clicking on the small arrow does not work, it changes color but does not do anything else.
After selecting a different layout via the arrow keys, clicking on the small selection arrow returns the selected layout back to 'Browser'.

Mario

I have no idea. Never had such a case, in all the years...

I thought that maybe you have created something in your custom layout that breaks something...but then the default layouts should have fixed that.

Try these things:

1. Close and re-open the Metadata Panel.
2. Resize it horizontally.

- Save your current workspace under a name (View menu).
- Close IMatch.
- Start it again but hold <Ctrl> pressed. When the Advanced Startup dialog shows, choose the option to "reset the workspace".
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

afengler

Quote from: Mario on March 21, 2018, 08:52:19 AM
I have no idea. Never had such a case, in all the years...

I thought that maybe you have created something in your custom layout that breaks something...but then the default layouts should have fixed that.

Try these things:

1. Close and re-open the Metadata Panel.
2. Resize it horizontally.

- Save your current workspace under a name (View menu).
- Close IMatch.
- Start it again but hold <Ctrl> pressed. When the Advanced Startup dialog shows, choose the option to "reset the workspace".

Performed steps 1 and 2 except resize vertically: The drop-down list of all layouts appeared all by itself in the lower center position of the monitor. I was able to change the selected layout by using the cursor/arrow keys.
Performed step 3: Resetting the workspace solved the problem by utilizing only one monitor - everything works fine. The problem only occurs after moving the metadata panel to my second monitor. Depending on where the metadata panel is positioned and how big it is, the drop-down list appears on the screen at different locations and some times is just not visible at all. I will play with that until a find a satisfactory compromise but I consider the problem basically solved.
Thank you very much, Mario!

Alf

afengler

While adjusting the metadata panel on my second monitor, IMatch crashed. I sent the report and dump file via Dropbox and cross-referenced this message trail.