Minor feature addition to make bulk keyword entry a bit quicker

Started by paulmaguire, March 27, 2018, 05:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulmaguire

Currently in the keyword panel you can click on a keyword and it copies down to the entry box. If "suggest keywords from the thesaurus" is checked, then it will also show a list of selected keywords. You can then click on a suggested word and it is appended to the list of keywords. If the intent is to replace a word with one matched to the thesaurus, you then need to ctrl-click on the original word to delete it.

I've attached a series of screen grabs to illustrate this behaviour, and my suggestion, which is as follows:-

I propose that if you alt-click on a suggested word then it will add the keyword as before, but also automatically delete the original word, thus replacing it in the list of keywords. It only saves one mouse click but makes keyword lookup a bit quicker, if for instance you have pasted in a series of words separated by semi-colons and want to then validate each in the thesaurus.

I also suggest an optional feature to colour code keywords that have not been matched to the thesaurus versus ones that have. In theory this can be done already by colour coding the upper level keywords, but I can see no easy way to do this if the upper levels are all "groups"

Mario

I'm really not sure if this will be useful for more than a handful of users.
Let's see how many likes and comments this gets. Then we can consider further steps.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook