Metadata-Templates für Categories and Attributes?

Started by sinus, April 09, 2018, 05:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Sorry, I'm just seeing a board in front of my head right now, and that's a big one.

Hence a question:
With a metadata template I can enter almost everything, i.e. in metadata tags, and also collections (like dots etc) or labels.

But can I actually allocate data for:

Attributes
and I can also assign categories

That would be great, but at the moment I don't see how, or well, as Mario says now and then: "IMatch also has its limits"?

Thanks in advance to those who make my board more porous so that I can see through it again.

(btw: this is sometimes completely translated from German into English from deepL.com)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Metadata Templates, as the name implies, deal with metadata only. Not with collections, categories, or other things.

Create category splasher Favorites to assign files to multiple categories quickly.
No similar feature exists for Attributes and I don't recall that it was ever requested in a feature request.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on April 09, 2018, 06:47:01 PM
Metadata Templates, as the name implies, deal with metadata only. Not with collections, categories, or other things.

Create category splasher Favorites to assign files to multiple categories quickly.
No similar feature exists for Attributes and I don't recall that it was ever requested in a feature request.

Thanks,
good, I forgot splasher ...  :o I will try that.
Markus

sinus

Quote from: Mario on April 09, 2018, 06:47:01 PM

Just to be precise:

This is not quite true if you want to be exact, because with a metadata template you can very well add or remove some collections, such as bookmarks, dots, pins.
To my knowledge, these are not metadatas, but belong to the Collections division.

You see, sometimes IMatch can do more than its name (metadata) suggests.  8) ;D
Markus

Mario

I consider collections as metadata (rating, label, ..).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on April 09, 2018, 08:21:27 PM
I consider collections as metadata (rating, label, ..).

Oh!  :o

So I was wrong all the years. I am very sorry.
I will have to think about the difference better.
Markus