IMatch 2018 Sneak Peak: Small but very useful Map Panel enhancement

Started by Mario, April 23, 2018, 04:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

Sometimes even small changes can help a lot. IMatch 2018 includes many of those.
Some users won't notice, but for others these small additions or changes will improve the workflow quite a bit.

Since I just wrote the release notes for this (Note: The IMatch 2018 release notes are not publicly visible at this time), here is an example:

When you import GPX track logs in the Map Panel you'll often have to shift the track point timestamps to match your images.
This can be easy or a bit more complicated, if you have crossed date borders or your camera clock was off badly.

To improve this, I have added a timeline display to the Settings dialog and also display the length of the image and track log timeline and the offset of the track log timeline. This makes adjusting things a lot easier:

The yellow lines indicate the new info. And the two timeline axes (scope timeline at the top, track log timeline below) immediately show you how the fit.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jch2103

John