Web File Formats

Started by Darius1968, April 24, 2018, 05:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

With respect to the file formats that IMatch can ingest, under "Preferences -> File Formats", there is the so called "Web File Formats" entry, which has as its scope of possibilities:  ".HTM;.HTML;.SHTM;SHTML;XHTML;.MHT;.CSS", of which the only one that I don't want indexed is ".CSS".  As is, I can't edit this entry because I didn't create it myself; I can only disable it.  So, what can I do to enable me to index all those file formats, except ".CSS"?  Finally, once I have acquired and used the correct means-to-the-end, how can I subsequently, have IMatch not delete, but remove from the database all of the .css files I already have indexed? 

Mario

You cannot change that, it's one of the standard file format groups included by IMatch.
If you don't want to index your CSS files in IMatch, keep them in folders not indexed by IMatch.

To remove all CSS files from the database use a file name filter in the filter panel on whatever suitable scope, select the files in the result and use the "Remove from Database" command from the context menu. Note: When you rescan the folder later, IMatch will bring back the CSS files.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on April 24, 2018, 08:09:23 AM
You cannot change that, it's one of the standard file format groups included by IMatch.
If you don't want to index your CSS files in IMatch, keep them in folders not indexed by IMatch.

To remove all CSS files from the database use a file name filter in the filter panel on whatever suitable scope, select the files in the result and use the "Remove from Database" command from the context menu. Note: When you rescan the folder later, IMatch will bring back the CSS files.

Mario, without looking into this, could Darious not disable this file format groups and then add each format (html ...), what he wants?
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Good idea. Never tried that but it should work.
CSS files are an important asset. I never thought that someone would need to index HTML and others, but not CSS...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook