A kind of controlling

Started by sinus, April 26, 2018, 03:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hello
Does anyone have an idea for a checkup?

I gave certain pictures a red pin.
In addition, certain pictures have a label, say green.

Although it doesn't mean the same thing, the number of images should be exactly the same.
That means, for example, there should be 150'000 images with a red pin, if everything is correct, then 150'000 images should also have a green label.

Do any of you have any idea how I can control this in a simple way?
It would be best to create a category that would show missing files.

I use some kind of controls in my DB, but for this kind I have no idea at the moment (except of course simply checking it with two categories, but that is not very elegant.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Check out the @Collection category formula. And the @Label formula. These should give you what you want easily.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on April 26, 2018, 03:24:44 PM
Check out the @Collection category formula. And the @Label formula. These should give you what you want easily.

Thanks Mario,Yes, exactly, with "indirect" references I can control many things fortunately.
But there are no "direct if-then", I see that right?
(like if red pin has 10'000 files, the label blue MUST also have 10'000 files, if not, show the files that do not have both).

I'm just asking to be sure.

Because the larger the database, the more important a kind of control becomes.

And it's really remarkable how much you can do with IMatch, just with categories. And IMatch has a lot more.  :D
Markus

Carlo Didier

How about a simple filter like this one?

sinus

A filter?  ::)

Hmmm, Carlo, thanks a lot, I will have a look into it. Hmm, could be interesting.

(I don't often work with filters, somehow I never really got along with filters, for whatever reason.)
Markus

Mario

Quote from: sinus on April 26, 2018, 03:55:38 PM
Quote from: Mario on April 26, 2018, 03:24:44 PM

Thanks Mario,Yes, exactly, with "indirect" references I can control many things fortunately.
But there are no "direct if-then", I see that right?
(like if red pin has 10'000 files, the label blue MUST also have 10'000 files, if not, show the files that do not have both).

I'm just asking to be sure.

Because the larger the database, the more important a kind of control becomes.

And it's really remarkable how much you can do with IMatch, just with categories. And IMatch has a lot more.  :D

It you have a category BLUE label which contains all files with a blue label and a category RED PIN, you can create a category with the formula "BLUE" NOT "RED PIN" to see all files with a blue label but no red pin. Or the other way round (files with a red pin but no blue label).

Best to try and see for yourself.
Great way to setup some quality-management categories.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Thanks, Mario

I understand, I will look into this.
Markus

ubacher

I see this as a trivial request if you use a filter as Carlo indicated.

Mario

The easiest solution for this is a category with the following formula:

"@Collection[Label|Blue]" NOT "@Collection[Pins|Red]"

You can click this together in a few seconds with the formula wizard.

The category shows you all files with a blue label but no red pin.
Reverse the formula to get a category which shows you all files with a red pin without a blue label.

If the category is empty, you are 100% OK.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

sinus

Quote from: Mario on April 26, 2018, 10:29:55 PM
The easiest solution for this is a category with the following formula:

"@Collection[Label|Blue]" NOT "@Collection[Pins|Red]"

You can click this together in a few seconds with the formula wizard.

The category shows you all files with a blue label but no red pin.
Reverse the formula to get a category which shows you all files with a red pin without a blue label.

If the category is empty, you are 100% OK.

Thanks, Mario
that's it!
Stupid me, I had even such a formula to check a wrong label:
"@Collection[Pins|Green]" AND "@Collection[Relations|Version|NEF Versioning]" AND "@Collection[Label|MASTER bearbeitet]"

and with your help I have not the formula, what works also for me now:
"@Collection[Pins|Red]" AND  "@Collection[Pins|Green]"  AND "@Collection[Pins|Blue]" NOT "@Collection[Label|VERSION bearbeitet]"

It does check all files with all three pins and show me all files, what have NOT a Label "VERSION bearbeitet".
In this case now I had 417 files with wrong labels. Quickly checked, corrected and now this category is empty! Super.

I will try to do some "control-categories", because with such formulas I can easy see, it there is something wrong in my DB. I had such controlls in the past with IMatch, and will now create again some.
The key is, that I can have some controll-categories and put them at the start, and if all is ok, there are no files in it, if there is something wrong, I will see theses files. Then I can correct them and as soon as done, they disapear again out of my control-categories.

I has seen this once (uh, long time ago) in Portfolio (Extensis) where I've worked with for a while.
They had control mechanisms in it so users wouldn't do something stupid with the pictures. I can't remember exactly, unfortunately, but images were automatically checked for plausibility. I found that very helpful back then and had transferred something like that to IMatch... back then!  ::)

@Carlo @ubacher
Thanks for your help. I think, the same result could be done with the filter-tool. But I am not familiar with it (I ought to look into it) with it.
And generally I like much more categories.  8)
Markus

Mario

IMatch by default creates several quality-control workflow categories in the "IMatch Workflow Catgeories" sub-tree. If you did not yet import this into your database (Category Import in the Import & Export Panel) you may want to have a look.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator