How best to display selected video files in sequence

Started by ubacher, May 04, 2018, 08:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

If I have selected a bunch of video files in IM and I want to watch them in sequence - how do I go about it?
Can that be done already or do I have to make up a play-list first?

I have the standards: Windows Media Player,  Films&TV, Photos, and also the VLC player.
I'm not fussy what to use - I am not much into videos.

Mario

When I drag several video files from IMatch to VLC, it plays them in sequence.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ubacher

That works and is easy. Just requires that you have access to the icon on the desktop.
Having VLC on the taskbar does not allow this.

Carlo Didier

Quote from: ubacher on May 04, 2018, 10:12:00 AM
That works and is easy. Just requires that you have access to the icon on the desktop.

Normally, if you hover a second or so over the taskbar icon, VLC should open and you can drop the files to its window.

loweskid

Quote from: ubacher on May 04, 2018, 10:12:00 AM

Add a shortcut button into the IMatch 'Applications' tab in the 'Favourites' panel - just drag the icon from your desktop and drop it into the panel.  Then you can either select the files you want and click on the VLC button (or whatever player you have chosen) or just drag the files over and drop them on the button, without leaving IMatch.

ubacher

Dragging the files to the VLC icon on the taskbar I tried before - does not work.
Putting a link to  VLC onto my favorites is of course the right (in my mind best) answer.
(I keep forgetting about this even though I have some links already.)
Thanks to all of you.