Inability to express gratitude

Started by monochrome, September 09, 2013, 11:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monochrome

Background: I posted two feature requests the day before yesterday. They were both fulfilled within 24 hours, and I now have a new beta version installed with both features enabled.

Problem: There is no way to say "thank you" for that amount of customer service in those threads, as resolved threads do not have a "Reply" button on them.

Request: In order not to take away that much time on IMatch 5, I suggest using the existing board functionality and put a pinned "Thank You"-thread at the top of the feature request board, where one can properly thank Mario for every suggestion that is acted upon.

sinus

:) :D ;D

(I miss some more smileys like thumbs up and so on)
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

No need to thank me, but appreciated nevertheless.  :)
These feature requests were fairly easy to implement, and I was working in these areas anyway.
Other feature requests are more complex and thus will be looked at for a later build or version.

We all here work hard on finding and fixing the remaining bugs. I really want to get IMatch 5 out of the door so all users can benefit from it. Any maybe find lots of new users who are in need for a capable and reliable DAM product. Spread the word!

I recall reading the other day in the Lightroom developer blog that they have found 500 bugs during their last beta phase.  Which is an amazing number of errors in a product so mature as LR (just look how many versions they have released in the past years, and made users pay for it...). And I assume Adobe has large teams behind every product, not just one Mario  ;D Implementing a software like IMatch 5 with only one person is quite an challenge and adventure. It'll be happy days when it's solid and smooth and official. I may even take a week of afterwards!
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ferdinand

Must be getting closer now, as you've nailed a number of large bugs lately.

Richard

Quote from: Mario on September 10, 2013, 09:26:37 AM
Spread the word!

Indeed spread the word but not just to photographers. Since IMatch can handle other file formats it can be used to organize letters, recordings or ??? I think that a doctor could make good use of IMatch to keep track of patients data. A Realtor could include contracts and other documents in the same database as pictures of the properties they sell. A text of a clients name could be used to represent a client and the file added to various collections so that those who are most able to buy, most eager to buy, etc. would be in  various collections. If the client is looking for a three bedroom house, give the a three star rating. Any business that needs to keep data organized in a variety of ways is a potential IMatch 5 customer.