IMatch 2018 Sneak Peak: IMatch Updater

Started by Mario, June 26, 2018, 03:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

For IMatch 2018 I have added several new things to IMWS (I've reported about some of these here already).
Much of this stuff is only interesting for users who develop their own apps (and me, since I do so many things for IMatch now in form of apps).

One feature I have just completed is the support for "uploads" in IMWS.
Basically this means that an app can now upload data or files to IMWS, and then IMatch saves these files to disk somewhere.
Then the app can process the file with all features available in IMatch and IMWS.

For apps, this feature may be used to create files from scratch or download, process and re-upload files.
In the context of IMatch Anywhere™ this feature is one of the step stones for allowing users to upload / add files to their IMatch database from their web browser. Like, uploading files from a smart phone or your tablet, camera etc. Lots of new cameras have built-in Wi-Fi just for such purposes.

As a welcome side-effect, I was finally able to write an app that allows you to download and install IMatch updates comfortably.
This app can be opened directly from the update check dialog box, or you can run it any time from the App Manager.

It downloads the latest update from photools.com, saves it to the TEMP folder and then closes IMatch and triggers the update install process. Very comfortable.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

BanjoTom

Cool!  I'm constantly amazed at all the apps and features you add, Mario!  Bravo!
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

Mario

Quote from: BanjoTom on June 26, 2018, 06:28:32 PM
Cool!  I'm constantly amazed at all the apps and features you add, Mario!  Bravo!
Cool, thanks.
Apps allow me to develop new features much faster, at least for a certain type.
Even the most modern development environment cannot beat the edit, save, press <F5> in the web browser development cycle used with App - sp much productivity  ;)
And thanks to HTML5 and other things, Apps scale well on all screen resolutions and the IMWS and app code I develop can be used both for IMatch and IMatch Anywhere™.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook