Delete old files from IMatch

Started by sinus, July 23, 2018, 09:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hello Mario
Before installing the new IMatch 2018, I wonder, is there a chance to deinstall IM2017 and then freshly install IM2018?
To have all the old presets and so on, I would before copy the folder presets, config, dictionaries, printing and webroot.
The preview-files I have on another place.

I ask this, because I have some old files, what I am not sure, are they still necessary or not.

Or is this not a good idea?
For example such files, like in my attachement, I wondering, can I delete them or are they (still) necessary.

Thanks.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

You can delete the Browser Cache (C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch6\browser) if you want.
There is a setting to automatically clear the IMatch browser cache under Edit > Preferences > Application in IMatch. IMatch then deletes the cache when it shuts down. This frees some disk space but will cause a slight delay when you run an app for the first time - because nothing is cached anymore.

The other files are required to run IMatch.

When you install IMatch 2018 it replaces IMatch 2017. Windows installer internally removes IMatch 2017 and then installs IMatch 2018. User resources, presets etc. will not be modified, only the resources and files shipped with IMatch will be re-installed and updated.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook