Build 114

Started by sinus, September 09, 2013, 03:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi Mario
Downloaded and no problems to download or installing.
Thanks for your new beta!  :)
Markus
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Thanks for the feedback.
Working hard!
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

awoxx

"The film strip panel can now be positioned at any edge..."

very smooth and full scalable. And you can scroll independent the film strip or the full Pictures.
Nice one, thanks. I am working with Olympus (4/3) on a 16/10 NEC...

Regards
Andreas

ChrisMatch

Thanks for the build - we can only imagine how long your days are - thanks.  :)
One question - is it only me or is the list of solved bugs not yet in the archive?

bonsai

Downloaded and installed without any problems.
No double entries anymore and GPS data are back again 8)
Thank you for your hard work Mario!

sinus

Quote from: ChrisMatch on September 09, 2013, 04:59:05 PM
Thanks for the build - we can only imagine how long your days are - thanks.  :)
One question - is it only me or is the list of solved bugs not yet in the archive?

Hi Chris,
here too. I think, Mario has not yet uploaded the solved-bugs-list.
He has really a lot to do.  :'(
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

mgm1965

Downloaded and installed without any problems.
;D

Gerd

Hi,

also here: downloading and install -> no problem ... but starting ... now busy more than one hour "rebuilding search engine". The performance-indicator stays at the last 10%, buit I think, with my 145.000 pics, it will need some time ... I will wait ...

Regards
Gerd
_______
Regards
Gerd

Mario

Build 114 ships with a new version of ExifTool. This means there are new tags and related information to incorporate into the database.
Afterwards IMatch 5 has to rebuild the search engine to use these new tags. This is a very hard disk-intensive process.

145,000 files is quite a big database for a Beta test. Maybe you can work quicker and test faster when you use a smaller database for the Beta?
145,000 files is a production database which already exceeds the capacities of many of the other DAM products out there. IMatch 5 can handle it, but there is no free lunch.

If you have that database on a regular hard disk, have you considered a SSD or a cheap USB 3.0 stick?
I just tried one for testing (15 € for the USB 3.0 card, and 30 € for high-speed USB 3.0 stick with 32 GB). The performance is much faster than on regular hard disks...amazing.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Gerd

Hi Mario,

yes, I know, it's a lot of pics  ;)

But now, after 2h, all is ok and back in IM5.  I have learned to be patient ...

So now I have to refresh the data-driven Sample-Cats, but that is done in some minutes!  :)

Regards
Gerd
_______
Regards
Gerd

Mario

IMatch by default automatically refreshes data-driven categories in the background when the IMatch user interface is idle. You can refresh them manually if you need them right now. Again, retrieving and processing the metadata of 145,000 files for each of the sample categories requires a lot of data shuffling and disk accesses.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

cytochrome

Great update, this is much better...

The Metadata entry now works just fine: no data loss on use of templates, GPS data stay there too, no more duplicate or triplicate author. Even the irritating hang on Updating seems to be gone.

And the automatic propagation to versions  works also!!! Gracious god...

I tested it on several folders of NEF and also of RW2, which are more tricky and "experimental". All seems well.

Thank you Mario

Francis

ianrr

Thanks for the update Mario  ...  :)

On installing, had a minor problem that may indicate a minor bug or problem with my machine regarding Exif Tool   ...  The following screenshots tell it all.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

IMatch usually closes all exiftool.exe processes it creates when it closes. Even if this does not work for whatever reason, the exiftool.exe processes don't harm and are removed when Windows is rebooted the next time.

The only problem with that is when you in such case run the installer, which has to replace exiftool.exe shipped with IMatch with a new version. This cannot work when exiftool.exe is still running. The installer tries to close these processes (and is usually able to without too much fuzz). In your case this also failed, which seems to indicate a severe case 'handing' on part of exiftool.exe or the PERL runtime system it is using.

In such rare cases, either log-off / log-in or a reboot solves the problem.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

ianrr

Hi Mario, thanks for the info. I updated my laptop today and it went perfectly fine. The main difference probably is that I put to "sleep" often my Home machine as opposed to shutting it down like I I do with the laptop. Your explanation
makes me see the point of shutting it down more often.

I am very pleased with the way IM5 works  ... awesome programming !!!

Mario

Rebooting once a week is a must, to clean out all the rubbish. And to let Windows install pending updates.
Else I also use standby or hibernate (no power consumption) myself.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Gerd

Hi Mario,

if you use hibernate, do you close IM before or do you let it open? Or, if it is dangerous to let IM open, is there a "safe position" to stay in IM, where nothing can hapen, if an "unhibernate" crashes?

Regards
Gerd
_______
Regards
Gerd

Mario

I always leave it open. I have sometimes problems with other apps, but never with IMatch.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator