Show Only Top-Of-Stack Files

Started by Darius1968, January 17, 2014, 04:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

Okay, my situation now is that I'm in category view with category "_For Consideration" focused.  As it is with sort being set to "Stack", it's easy enough to conveniently call up all the files to be the first ones to be displayed that are part of a stack in this category, and furthermore, only the top-of-stack files are visible (unless they are expanded), which is good.  What I would like to do however, is hide all files that are loners - not involved with a stack in any way.  Effectively, I want to keep out of the database view, all but the files that are stacks (the top-of-stack file only visible, unless I so choose to expand) and the offline files if I so desire.  How can this be done.  Thnx. 

Mario

Try

Filter Panel. Show the File Properties filter. Enable hide stacked files to hide all stacked files, and then invert this filter.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

That is exactly what I tried, but it has the effect of showing all files that are under the top-of stack files, and I seek to hide those files (The files that are the top-of-stack files are the ones I want visible.). 

Mario

If you set the filter to "hide stacked files" and enable the invert option, you see only files which are part of a stack. If the stacks are collapsed, you'll see only the top files. If the stacks are expanded, you'll see all files in the stacks.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

That's not happening on my end.  Just to clarify what I said earlier in this post, employing your instructions does indeed filter out of the database any files not participating in the stack.  The problem I'm having, however, is that regardless of whether the stack(s) are expanded or collapsed, before I apply this filter, the result is that I see all the files under the top-of-stack file.  I want only the top-of stack file to visible which it is not.  As it turns out, the top-of-stack file gets suppressed from the database when I use this instruction. 

Ferdinand

Quote from: Darius1968 on January 18, 2014, 11:05:16 AM
That's not happening on my end.  Just to clarify what I said earlier in this post, employing your instructions does indeed filter out of the database any files not participating in the stack.  The problem I'm having, however, is that regardless of whether the stack(s) are expanded or collapsed, before I apply this filter, the result is that I see all the files under the top-of-stack file.  I want only the top-of stack file to visible which it is not.  As it turns out, the top-of-stack file gets suppressed from the database when I use this instruction.

I can confirm this behaviour as described by Darius, including the fact that the stack top is not shown.

sinus

Quote from: Ferdinand on January 18, 2014, 11:44:21 AM
Quote from: Darius1968 on January 18, 2014, 11:05:16 AM

I can confirm this behaviour as described by Darius, including the fact that the stack top is not shown.

me too, I am not able to do, what Darius want do.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Looks like this this specific requirement is not covered by the filter.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator