IMatch 2018.10.6

Started by thrinn, October 03, 2018, 06:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrinn

Downloaded and installed without problems!
You are churning out updates at a pace that is nearly unbelievable...  ;)

But a big "Thank you" for the MUCH improved pdf thumbnail handling introduced with 2018.10.2. I use IMatch also for managing all kinds of (mostly pdf) documents, so this is a real benefit for me.
Also thank you for the super fast update to solve the crash problem.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

I have invested time into the build process, automating and scripting nearly everything.
This reduces the time required to build an IMatch update a lot, considering that it takes over 50 steps until the final shippable .exe comes out in the end.

I also always have a shippable version of IMatch, which I can roll out when needed, for example after a critical bug has been discovered like in this case.
Since most users don't follow this community, my FB or Twitter channels, users will learn about the update when IMatch checks for updates once a week. So most users will only ever see the .6 release and miss the few issues which came up so far.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

JohnZeman

Just a note that the file categories panel bug is indeed fixed now with this update.
Thanks Mario!

Mario

Quote from: JohnZeman on October 03, 2018, 07:13:52 PM
Just a note that the file categories panel bug is indeed fixed now with this update.
Thanks Mario!
Yes, this was annoying. A 10 second bug fix. I just didn't test all panels after the changes that caused this as a side-effect.
I'm still fighting the insane way the 3rd party user interface toolkit is managing panels. Sigh. The toolkit is good in principle. But some parts are just rubbish.

I don't think there is a big market anymore for Windows user interface toolkits anymore these days. One of the reasons why I invested in Apps and the underlying technology, because it allows me to create future user interface elements of IMatch using powerful HTML and JavaScript. I already have the code and framework for creating File Windows and even entire Views as apps!
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

And the app-bug in relation with Attributes is also solved!
Thanks a lot for your superquick support and the quick release!

Thanks!!! 
:D

I appreciate this truly.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus