Embedded WebServer failed to start

Started by hro, October 07, 2018, 01:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hro

I am a bit lost here.

Updated to 2018.10.6 and since then (I think) I am getting the error in the attached file.

I've done/checked the following:
- Default port in Imatch is 50519. I ran netstat and this port is not used by any other process
- Changed this port to various others, same result, error message always comes up
- The suggested log file to look at as per the error message IMATCH_IMWS_ERRORLOG.TXT in the TEMP folder does not exist

I've updated 2018.10.6 on two machines at the same time. One machine is fine, the other exhibits this problem.

Is there anything else I can try?

Mario

Firefall issue / virus checker blocking IMatch?
Did you reboot once?

Check the TEMP folder on your system for a file named IMATCH_IMWS_ERRORLOG.TXT and attach this file and the IMatch log file (log file) to your reply.

Note: The IMATCH_IMWS_ERRORLOG.TXT is only created when you run in debug logging mode. Go to Help > Support and switch to debug logging. Then restart IMatch.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

hro

Mario, thanks for the suggestions.

I rebooted the machine and the error appears to have disappeared. I applied the new Windows feature update (1809) prior which may have caused the problem.

NB: I switched on debug logging during this, but the log file you requested was still not created.

Cheers. Hartmut

Mario

The "reboot fixes many problems" rule is forgotten these days. Windows does not longer really reboot when you shut it down or hibernate. This means that junk piles up and then suddenly causes the most strange effects. Doing a real reboot from time to time keeps your system sane.

The error log file is only created when there are errors to log.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook