Change of rating does not update the number of stars in the file window

Started by Thomas, November 09, 2018, 09:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas

If I change the rating of an image while a filter (e. g. rating) is active, the number of stars displayed in the file window does not change. The status bar shows the correct rating.

After I pause or disable the filter, the rating is shown correctly.

That behaviour applies to changes of the label too. Set/change pins in contrast works fine.

ubacher

I think that is because the window is not updated when you make a change affecting the filtering.
(Otherwise the display will update as soon as you make a change and then you may have lost the thumbnail.)
i.e. this is desired behavior

Mario

You change the rating of a file how? With which command or feature?

When I activate a filter and then click into the rating and label bar in the file window, or use one of the 0...5 keyboard shortcuts, the rating is updated and the File Window always shows the correct rating.

Tip: When you report a bug, be as detailed as possible. Something like "I enable a filter on rating 3 to 5 in the Filter Panel, then I press this key / click with the mouse on...". If I can reproduce your steps and also the problem, I can fix it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Thomas

I changed the rating via command (number keys 0-5) but also tried it via context menu -> rating. As described above, the status bar showed the correct rating but the rating label bar under the thumbnail didn't change.

Mouse clicks on the stars in the rating label bar worked. I tested this once again today and got the same behaviour as yesterday.

Then I just switched to the standard workspace (I'm using two monitors and in my workspace have most of the panels on the second monitor) to make a screenshot. But after this, the bug has gone. Switched back to my workspace -> works now too.

So it looks like the problem had something to do with workspaces?

I'm using the current version 2018.11.2 (64bit).

@ubacher: I'm just talking about the rating which is shown under the thumbnail. The rating bar should always show the current rating. What you mean is that the thumbnail does not disappear after a change of the rating, even if the new rating does not match the active filter settings. This is desired (and documented) behavior and exactly what I would expect.

Mario

Let me know if you can reproduce it again. If this is caused by one of your workspaces, please ZIP and attacht the workspace.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook