Show face annotations

Started by axel.hennig, November 13, 2018, 02:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axel.hennig

Hi,

I got some pictures from a friend and want to add these to my IMatch-db.

"XnView MP" and "GeoSetter" show me that theses pics have face annotations.

IMatch ECP gives me the following:

[XMP-MP]        Region Person Display Name      : Max Mustermann
[XMP-MP]        Region Rectangle                : 0.524862, 0.428571, 0.078927, 0.078927

XMP-MP means XMP-Microsoft Photo tags.

But IMatch does not display these face annotations.

Is there a possibility to show these face annotations? Do I have to use a Metadata-Template to copy these values to other fields?

I'm not sure, but I think my friend used "Synology Photo Station".

Thanks for helping.

Mario

IMatch uses the official XMP face regions, not proprietary Microsoft Photo tags for face annotations.

I have never looked into Microsoft Photo XMP extensions, they are dead already AFAIK. Why Microsoft, a founding member of the Metadata Working Group, does not use the standard XMP tags for face regions but instead puts them into a proprietary XMP namespace extension is beyond me. Storing your vital data into a proprietary XMP set is probably not a good idea. Microsoft has a history of stopping support for such application-specific metadata formats after a while...

Face regions are complex tags, consisting or several tags wrapped into several structures. You cannot copy these with a metadata template. Maybe there is a magic ExifTool command that allows you to copy these tags into the proper XMP regions.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mario

Thanks for sharing. Copying this data into MWG tags should to the trick and IMatch should pick the regions up automatically.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook