Setting up virus scanner exclusions for Imatch

Started by ubacher, November 19, 2018, 02:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

I had a look at the help file thinking, since the topic of virus scanner interference comes up a lot, I would find
some detailed info there. I did not. Did I miss something?

I reviewed my settings on windows defender and I am uncertain if my settings are right. What processes,
under what names should be excluded? The defender settings seems to accept any names without doing any checks as
to existence.
I use:
Imatch2018x64.exe, exiftool.exe, ImatchChromiumHelper.exe, IMPackandGo.exe

In the task manager Imatch is listed as photools Imatch Application. Would that be the name to use for Imatch?

I also exclude the .exe files as files - not sure if this is overkill.

As to the exclusion of folders holding the database, the Imatch settings and my image files (probably unnecessary) I have no problems.

Mario

Don't ever exclude all .exe files. This basically disables your AV.

How to define exceptions (if you have problems caused by your AV) depends on your AV product, platform and version. Please see the documentation of your AV product for details.

The process name "IMatch2018x64.exe" is the important one if you have problems caused by your AV. Also exclude exiftool.exe and IMatchChromiumHelper.exe. If available in your AV, jus exclude the c:\program files...\IMatch6 folder.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook