Search field drop down

Started by ben, December 29, 2018, 12:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

Hi,

since the introduction of the new "search field drop down" i am using it a lot  ;D Thanks!
I just sometimes get confused, by how the icons are highlighted in the drop down.

When "Keywords" and "File Names" are selected and i then select "frequently used tags", then "Keywords" and "File Names" are automatically unselected --> correct
Wouldn't it be logical if the same happens, when i select "search everywhere"?

In 2019.1.2 i can have "frequently used tags" and "search everywhere" selected at the same time.
I would expect that "frequently used tags" gets unselected when i select "search everywhere".

Ben

Mario

Search everywhere works as a temporary override. I did not want to zero out / rest all your settings when you toggle this.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

Quote from: Mario on December 29, 2018, 12:27:53 PM
Search everywhere works as a temporary override. I did not want to zero out / rest all your settings when you toggle this.

Perhaps instead of removing all the settings, you can just temporarily "grey them out" and then when Search everywhere is de-selected, the original options "turn on" again?

Mario

This is not how this works, internally. I could so some fancy mumbo-jumbo to menu to handle this special case. But, considering the massive amount of features in IMatch, how much time there is in a day and how important this is for dunno many users, I decided to use a simple solution. You are the first user who reports this behavior. If there are more users who report it I will reconsider.

Update: I have disabled the affected menu entries when the "search everwhere" option is enabled.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ben

QuoteSearch everywhere works as a temporary override. I did not want to zero out / rest all your settings when you toggle this.
True, it's good to jump back  without loosing the previous options.

QuoteUpdate: I have disabled the affected menu entries when the "search everwhere" option is enabled.
Cool, nice little enhancement.