Use directory names from files in search

Started by MichaelG, December 30, 2018, 12:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelG

Hello all,
would it be possible to use tags from already found pictures in a directory search?
I would like to find all pictures from those folders, that contains some pictures of a given person (not to be confused with all pictures of that person).
Thanks, and have a good start into 2019!
Michael

Mario

You are searching where and with which feature?
There are several easy ways to archive this, depending on how you search and how you have setup your database. We need more details.

QuoteI would like to find all pictures from those folders, that contains some pictures of a given person (not to be confused with all pictures of that person).

- If the folders are on the same level, you can <Ctrl>+select them in the Media & Folders View. Then use the file window search bar to search for person names.

- Or, use the Folder Filter in the Filter Panel to filter for specific folders and make the entire database your scope (select the Database node in the Media & Folders View).
This brings the files in the selected folders into your scope so you can search all files in them.

- Or, use a Value Filter in the Filter panel and filter on the "File Folder" tag. This shows you all folders in the current scope.
For example, you select the Database node and then use the file window search bar to search for "Peter".  The file window now shows only files matching "Peter.
If you now look at the Value filter in the Filter Panel (set to File Folder) you see all folders in the current scope (all folders with files matching Peter). Click on the folders you are interested in.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

MichaelG

Hello Mario,
Many thanks, version 3 did the trick for me. Originally I wanted to create a formula.

I have a structure like this:

Foto
      2018-10-25 Party
      2018-10-26 Workshop
      2018-11-10 Treffen mit Freunden
      2018-12-12 Vorbereitung

In the Folders "Workshop" and "Treffen mit Freunden" there are pictures of Peter. I want to write a formular which selects all Pictures from both folders. I guess if there was a formular "get_text_tag(picture, tag)" I would be able to write something like

"@FolderRegExp[get_text_tag("@FolderRegExp[@Keywords|People|Peter]", Directory)])

But again, with your Help I'm able to select the Pictures.

Many thanks - for your answer and for the program :-)
Best, Michael