Using an ingest folder

Started by cthomas, January 21, 2019, 11:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

I'm using an ingest folder to bring my images into my database. I go into my image database and put some images into the image folder. I then go to Media and Folders and then I go to Commands>Add or Update folders.Now when the Ingest and files are brought in to Media and Folders what do I do with the files?

So the Ingest folder is empty. I need to go back into my images database and put some more into the ingest folder and bring it into my dattabase.

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

Carl,

usually you just index (add) all folders you want to manage to your IMatch database.
This allows you to see all your images in IMatch.

Using an *additional* ingest folder (in the same database) is just a step in some workflows.

For example, if your camera has integrated Wi-Fi, you can set it to download files into your ingest folder. Or you copy files from your smart cards into that folder.
Having all new files in one folder is considered easier by some users. You can then cull your images in the ingest folder, rate them, rename them and then move them to the final folder.
But this is totally optional and depends on your preferences.

Other users just create new folders in IMatch and then copy/download there files into these folders, without the intermediate step of using an ingest folder.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jch2103

Quote from: Mario on January 22, 2019, 08:03:48 AM
Other users just create new folders in IMatch and then copy/download there files into these folders, without the intermediate step of using an ingest folder.

This is what I usually do now. I experimented for a while with using an ingest folder, but found that my workflow was simpler without it.
John