Pending Write-back sticks for PDF and video files

Started by ianrr, September 17, 2013, 08:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianrr

Noticed Pencil marks that dont go away for me on Video and PDF files  .... is there a way to de select .pdf  etc from write back selections

Mario

I have separated your topic. It does not really belong into general "new build" post.

I need more info here.

If IMatch cannot write the changes, the pen icon will remain.

-  If the file is read-only, IMatch cannot write back. Is this the case?

-  If you see yellow triangle, there was an error writing back. Do you see that?
In this case, the ExifTool output panel will display the errors encountered by ExifTool.

For video files, IMatch writes to XMP files if ExifTool reports the file format as not supported, else ExifTool writes to the video file itself.
For PDF files, IMatch updates the embedded XMP and other PDF metadata directly.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ianrr

Tried answering this previously but post never showed up or arrived.  I did check that the PDF and video files were not read only  ... just now I worked on an old folder of images that contained .jpg and .DCR images  ... the .jpg pencil went away when clicking the pencil to write data, but not the Kodak .DCR files   ....

Mario

IMatch is very transparent about write-backs.

If there is an error with writing back data => yellow flag on the file in the file window.
When you point the mouse cursor at the Pen, it lists which data has to be written. What does it say?
Open the ExifTool output panel (F9,O) and check what IMatch is doing when you click the pencil on one of the DCR files.
Is ExifTool running - do you see some output?
Does ExifTool return show errors or warnings?
(You can copy/paste the ExifTool Panel output into a text file and attach to your reply).
Which Metadata 2 options do you use? (screen shot)

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ianrr

No Error .. No yellow flag. shows file being written

IPTC ::ApplicationRecord\Keywords

-use
MWG
-ex
-sep

-IPTC:Keywords=CZECH
-IPTC:Keywords=EUROPE
-IPTC:Keywords=Places
-IPTC:Keywords=Prague
-XMP:CreatorTool=photools.com IMatch 5.0.0.116 (Windows)

-xmp:InstanceID=xmp.iid:714c65ba-7ac8-4767-91a6-e6a6f6e4c2c5

-MWG:ModifyDate=now
-XMP:MetadataDate=now
K:\IMAGES\2 PLACES\TRAVEL\EUROPE\PRAGUE\GK8B3675.XMP
-execute9999

1 image files updated

----- Runtime: 0.1 s.

See blue bar showing apparent output

No Warnings or errors seen

[attachment deleted by admin]

ianrr

Some success, removed .xmp files from .DCR files and problem fixed. Same with video .AVI files

No luck with .PDF or .PSD files though.