Vertical Slidebar in Filter-Panel

Started by Gerd, July 06, 2013, 09:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerd

Hi,
I'm not sure, if it is here the right place to post or better in "Future Request" ...

If I activate the filter-panel, all options unmarked and all option-winows minimized and this pane is the only activ on the right side, then I see a window, where only at top the options are using roundabout 25% from the window-length.
Now I maximize or open the file-manager, a small windows opens, with two vertical sliders on the rigt side. the most right one only moves the content some milimeters. If the content would fill this window complete, this slider can disappear.

The other slider (left one) shows some more, but again, round 60% of the panel-window are free! Is it a setting somewhere, that I can change the size of these little windows, so that the sliders disappear? Normaly they are not necessary in this case.

Regards
Gerd
_______
Regards
Gerd

BenAW

This is already a feature request in the old Beta test reporting site.
QuoteRequest to have a larger (preferably user adjustable)size for the block with the "fixed" filters in the filter panel.
I've quite some space left below the adjustable filters (see screenshot)
(for Mario: Mantis 455)

My solution for the moment has been to remove most of the unused filters.

See screenshot

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ferdinand

I missed this last time around.  I strongly support Mantis 455.

Mario

I don't understand this request  ???

Do you mean with "fixed filters" the list at the top of the filter panel where IMatch displays filters you have saved for later?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Gerd

Hi Mario,

I mean this, where you can not change the size of the filter-manager-window (and the others too):

_______
Regards
Gerd

Mario

I see what you mean.

1. The upper list box has a minimum width. If you make the filter panel smaller than this minimum width, a scroll bar will be shown. This is an automatic mechanism. Although the Filter Panel adapts to the available width, every panel has a minimum width and minimum height that is required and will be enforced - a scroll bar sill show up as needed.

2. Panels always fill the entire width or height, depending on where they are docked. If you dock the filter panel alone at one of the edges, it will always use up the full height. If you dock it "on-top" or "below" another panel, you can individually resize both panels. See the default workspace.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ferdinand

Perhaps there is more than one issue here, but my issue, and also I thuink Ben's, is that we would like to be able to increase the vertical space for the "Filter Manager", i.e. so that we can see more of the saved filters without having to scroll vertically in the "Filter Manager". 

Mario

Ah, OK.

That would be a feature request then. Can you copy/paste this into the appropriate forum?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Gerd

Dear Mario,

it's not the width, it's the heigh of the windows what I mean! :-)

Regards
Gerd
_______
Regards
Gerd

Gerd

Hi,

continiuing with some tests ....

In the first screenshot you see in the filter-manager-window two vertical scrollbars and in the rating-window none.
In the second screen-shot, where I made the complete panel smaller, the most right scollbar in the filter-manager-window disappears. This, in my opinon, may be unvisible all the time ...
And the rating-window (no scrollbar) changes nice the size, to make all items visible. So I want to have it for all other windows in the panel too, only if there is not enough vertical size, a scrollbar should become visible.

Regards
Gerd

_______
Regards
Gerd

Joe Austin

+ 1 for an adjustable height filter manager window.

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator