A 'Save As' option from the Thumbnail?

Started by Conrad Vispo, April 11, 2019, 02:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conrad Vispo

Good-evening,

I would like to be able to right-click on a thumbnail and save a copy of that image to another folder. I believe that option used to exist in an earlier version, but I'm not finding it now. Any suggestions appreciated,

Thanks.

Mario

Ctrl+C
Go to other folder.
Ctrl+V

Or

Drag the file to the other folder in the Media & Folders tree

Or

Make a Favorite for the target folder, then you can copy/move files with a single mouse click.
This has replaced a similar functionality we had in IMatch 3, if this is what you are referring to.

Or

if the target folder is not in the database, drag the files from IMatch to a Windows Explorer window. Also allows copy/move

See File Management in IMatch
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Conrad Vispo

Thanks Mario,

It looks as if opening explorer on one half of the screen and imatch on the other and then dragging to the desired folder works best for our needs.

We're assembling a field guide and so want to be able to relatively quickly sort photos to a variety of different folders, but don't necessarily need to keep those within IMatch. However, we certainly want to copy and not move.

The favorite option would seem to require making each individual potential target folder a favorite, and when I do it, the drag-and-drop within IMatch seems to move rather than copy the image. 

The control-C, control-V option works, but the drag-and-drop is probably easier.

And yes,  I think I am remembering a function way back in IMatch 3.

Conrad.

Mario

Folder Favorites can do move as well as copy. Copy is the default when you click, hold down <Shift> to Move. Same for the keyboard shortcuts (two key options).
For Windows Explorer drags, the default is to copy (same as Explorer). Hold down Shift to move. Watch the cursor change when you hold down Shift while dragging.
You can also Ctrl+C in IMatch and then Ctrl+V in Windows Explorer if this helps with sorting the Windows.

Usually you setup a new Favorites group in IMatch to hold all your frequently used folders as easy targets. Assign keyboard shortcuts to avoid mouse pushing completely.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook