How I must configure to have only the internal database?

Started by mgm1965, September 18, 2013, 05:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgm1965

I'm still trying.

I want to set a new fresh database and trying to use only the internal database for metadata.

So, how I must configure IMatch metadata and metadata2 to have only the internal database and no writing to xmp sidecar and also no writing to iptc?

But I want also:
- that in the first import of image, IMatch reads from my image to fill the database
- use geosetter to fill the iptc City Country Location and have this data read and stored in IMatch.
- to be able to erase the iptc data of any image to clean the image except for City Country Location

Is this possible or is only a impossible wish?

Marco

Mario

Unless you explicitly write-back to files in IMatch (or enable the automatic write-back under Edit > Preferences > Background Processing) IMatch will not write back pending metadata.

It will keep all updates in the database only. But other applications will be unable to see the changes you have made to IPTC, EXIF and XMP data unless you let IMatch write back the changes. This includes GeoSetter.

When you change files in GeoSetter, IMatch will re-import the modified metadata.

You can erase IPTC data with ExifTool or the ExifTool Command Processor.
Please note that IMatch by default is compliant to the rules and guidelines of the Metadata Working Group. It will update existing IPTC information from XMP data, or create new IPTC data from MWG information when the file format supports IPTC data.

I have written tons on this so please lookup the details in the help and here in the community.
If you really have a good reason for not having IPTC data in your files, disable the MWG compliance and the XMP->IPTC and IPTC->XMP propagation under Edit > Preferences > Metadata 2.

Note: Such a setting can cause problems now or in the future, when you work with other applications which migrate between IPTC and XMP.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook