Albums in google photos

Started by frlindla, June 01, 2019, 09:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frlindla

In google photos I have Automatic albums for People, Things, Places and Videos. Is it possible to import or make these albums visible in Imatch?

Mario

Keep this in mind:

Google hands over every file you upload to their AI to analyze them and learn about you. This tells Google where you live, which people you know, which people the people you know know. Where you've been to you vacation, which camera you own etc. This is very precious data and Google makes a lot of money selling this to others. And the only reason for Google to offer Google Photos for free.

(If you live in the EU or have photos showing people from the EU, don't forget to get their explicit permission before you upload the photos to the Google AI, else you may violate European privacy laws (GDPR) by uploading personal and private data to Google servers in the U.S.).
Some people may not like that you allow the Google AI to analyze their faces and make connections with all other photos Google has in their cloud or harvested via their search engine.

As a side effect of you feeding the Google AI with your personal data, they group your files based on what the AI has learned about your photos in the free Google Photos app.

As far as I know, all this is only stored in the Google databases in the Google count and linked to all the other information Google gathers about you.
Have you tried exporting / downloading your photos? Does Google write any useful information into the XMP metadata record? If so, IMatch will pick it up automatically and groups your files in categories (aka "Albums").
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook