Focused and Selected

Started by dbvirago, June 08, 2019, 08:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbvirago

I am trying to understand the difference in these terms, and possibly change some colors.
When I first click on a folder, the first image is, I assume focused but not selected? Not sure if I have the terms right, but if I then hit Ctrl-A, nothing happens because it is not focused. Am I right so far? I can then click on an image and the yellow border gets bolder indicating it is now selected?

So, then if I want to change the colors, which do I choose. In the chart, there are only two that are yellow; Frame Color (focused) and Fram Color (selected/focused). I have changed the first one to blue and nothing I can do shows a blue frame anywhere, so I am missing something.

What I am trying to get to is make it more obvious than simply making it brighter yellow frame, such as replace the red with yellow if it is selected. Make sense?

Mario

When you click on a thumbnail panel without pressing any keys (Ctrl or ...) the clicked panel becomes selected and focused.
So it gets the selected background color and the selected/focused border color. When i change that to green, the yellow border becomes green.

You can also Ctrl+click a panel to focus the panel without selecting it (helpful in some situations) and then the other border color is used.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook