More tooltips in Metadata Panel "1 Default"

Started by lbo, June 04, 2019, 01:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lbo

In addition to improve the tag names, I suggest to add tooltips to the date entries in Metadata Panel "1 Default"

To avoid any ambiguity, I also list the tag "keys"...

"Date Subject Created" (XMP::photoshop\DateCreated\DateCreated) -> "Specifies when a photo was taken"

"Created Date" (XMP::xmp\CreateDate\CreateDate) -> "Specifies when an image was digitized"

"Modified Date" (XMP::xmp\ModifyDate\ModifyDate) -> "Specifies when a file was modified by the user" (suggestion by Phil harvey)

Oliver

mastodon

I like it, but the usage of tags might be diferent per user. So, I don't think, that Mario will hardcode it.

lbo

Quote from: mastodon on June 04, 2019, 05:30:48 PM
I like it, but the usage of tags might be diferent per user. So, I don't think, that Mario will hardcode it.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by "hardcode".

It's about the tooltip information delivered with a fresh install of IMatch. Users can change it if they don't like the default.

I also don't understand what you mean by "usage of tags might be diferent per user".

These three tags are pretty well defined. It would be rather stu^W unusual to use them other than specified.

Currently, there is no tooltip at all and a newbie might guess the wrong usage from the tag names.

Therefore my proposal to add guidance in IMatch by default, to avoid non-conforming usage.

Oliver

mastodon

OK, I might wrong. I would like to see a tooltip as a guide for using tags, too.